We’re hiring! Come join our team! We have a position open for an ambulatory veterinary assistant. Our assistants are an integral part of our team to make sure our veterinarian’s days run smoothly and safely. Position requires assisting the veterinarian by handling horses, carrying equipment and supplies to and from the truck, driving the work vehicles, assisting with radiographs or other procedures, and stocking the truck with supplies. Experience with horses and a positive attitude required. Must be neat, organized, and have good time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Provide assistance to doctors during farm call appointments
- Restrain, handle, and jog horses
- Assist in record keeping, invoicing, and laboratory work
- Stock and manage ambulatory inventory
- Drive practice vehicle to and from client farms with doctor
- Maintenance and cleaning of equipment and vehicles
- Background in handling horses and familiarity with horse care
- Safe driver and good driving record
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Good time management and organization skills
- Technologically oriented
- Capable of heavy lifting and carrying heavy equipment
- Familiarity with equine medicine or veterinary experience preferred but not required
This position offers hourly pay commensurate with experience, as well as discounted veterinary services. Part or full-time options available, Monday through Friday. Possible option for some limited Saturdays in the busy season if desired.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Dr. Beth Hirsch at email@example.com